While it isn’t really possible to make a chicken wing “low fat” you do things a little differently from the typical fried and tossed in buttery hot sauce combination and end up with something very delicious and beautiful to behold. The best part? It’s simple and tastes fantastic.
This really isn't a foodie blog buy hey, I love food and this is my blog!
Whole organic chicken wings
Sauce Ingredients1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Heinz Ketchcup
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
Note: This is enough sauce to sauce up maybe 6-12 wings reasonably well. The sauce recipe can be multiplied as needed. Additionally, if you like your sauce hotter, then simple increase the ratio of hot sauce to ketchup as you like. This will provide a nicely balanced heat.
- Prepare the wings by arranging them on a large tray and drying well by blotting w/ paper towel.
- Liberally salt and pepper the wings
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 min. prior to cooking
- To a LARGE mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the sauce and mix well
- Grill the wings over natural charcoal chunks until they are done
- Add wings 3-4 at a time to the sauce in the mixing bowl and toss to coat
- Serve on a bed of spinach w/ a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing
Prep Time: ~15 min. active, 45 min. total
Cooking Time: ~25 minutes